Dogen Sangha Blog

  by Gudo NISHIJIMA

Japanese / German

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Decision of the next leader in Dogen Sangha International

Dear All Members of Dogen Sangha International,

As you know, about 2 and a half years ago, I have crushed my lower spine accidentally, and even though such damage has been cured year by year, having become 87 years old, my physical condition has become weaker and weaker gradully. Therefore I have been thinking to select the next leader in DSI, and researched the problem from many kinds of viewpoints, and at last I decided to select Ven Brad Warner as my successor in DSI.

Therefore, yesterday, that is, 9th, July, 2007, I have requested him to become the Leader of DSI, and I have got his affirmative answer.

So we will begin our talks about the principles of DSI activity, therefore I would like to listen to all members' opinions on DSI activity.

Of course there is no problem for every group in DSI to continue the former activities, and we will gradually identify them together.

Therefore I hope all members in DSI will express your own opinions about miscellaneous problems to me directly, and we will think about the further expansion of DSI totally.

With best wishes Gudo Wafu Nishijima

2 Comments:

Blogger Lone Wolf said...

Congratulations Brad! I think Brad will make a fine leader of Dogen Sangha International.

12:39 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations to Brad Warner. I think he will make a fine leader.

9:09 AM, September 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home