Dogen Sangha Blog

  by Gudo NISHIJIMA

Japanese / German

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Question for Sensei.

Nishijima Sensei, two months ago I was fired from my job for drunkeness. I have laid around my home since in despair. I do not feel the will to go on while my bills (including mounting child support) are growing. Zazen isn't doing anything for me. I think I know reality, but I can't seem to get motivated. Is there any excuse for my ineptitude?

PhilBobSquareHead


Dear PhilBobSquareHead San,

Thank you very much for your question. I think that the state, which you are meeting now, is never easy for you to get rid of. Because human life is always a kind of action. But I guess that
you do not like to act. Therefore you do not like to save yourself at all.
In such a situation, if you like to become happy, it is the most important point for you to do something. If you like to take a walk, it is necessary for you to go out putting your shoes. If you feel that your room is a little dirty, it is better for you to clean it. If you feel hungry, it is better for you to eat something.
Like such a situation, human life is always doing something, and so it might be solution for us to do something first.
If you do not like to do anything, I am afraid that there is no solution.

Gudo Wafu Nishijima

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your answer Nishijima-sensei.

Phil

6:41 AM, August 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home